30 January, 2020
Conduit Interior is hiring! Conduit interior is on the lookout for an interior fit-out project manager to run with all aspects involved in the realisation of our designs from paper to the final built product.
INTERIOR FIT-OUT PROJECT MANAGER
About Conduit Interior
Conduit Interior is a professional Interior Design practice, based in Cape Town. We specialise in the design and construction of interior projects, primarily AAA-Grade office fit-outs. We’re a boutique practice and as such the successful applicant will work closely with all members of our team.
Please visit www.conduitinterior.co.za to see who we are and what we do.
Conduit interior is on the lookout for an interior fit-out project manager to run with all aspects involved in the realisation of our designs from paper to the final built product, along with the cost management and planning thereof.
About our ideal candidate
Experience in the core tasks (see below) and a good base knowledge of the construction and fit-out industry will be an advantage, but more importantly, the ideal candidate:
- Has 3 years’ or more practical working experience in the construction or fit-out industry.
- Possesses the relevant qualifications, be it Project Management, Construction Management, Interior Design, Quantity Surveying or Architecture.
- Demonstrates an aptitude and willingness to learn, particularly where experience in the below-mentioned core tasks is lacking. We strengthen our team by mentoring and teaching.
- Is professional, presentable and authentic at all times.
- Communicates clearly and precisely across all levels, including clients, colleagues, suppliers contractors and labourers.
- Sees several steps ahead and connects the dots to ensure that everything is in place for the smooth planning, running and delivery of our projects.
- Thinks laterally, identifies potential issues before they arise, proposes solutions for consideration.
- Is willing to have tough conversations, being open, honest, respectful and timely with feedback
- Is able to align themselves with the AAA-grade quality of service and end-products that Conduit Interior delivers, no compromises.
- Enjoys the culture of a small hands-on practice where each member of our team is a critical contributor to our reputation and success.
- Working with the designers to understand the detailed requirements for each design package, including a literacy of technical drawings and specifications in sufficient detail to translate these into a built environment.
- Issuing of drawing packages and schedules to various trade contractors and suppliers, including a knowledge of which elements of the design package fall under which trade.
- Compiling of project budgets, using both accurate quotes received as well as provisional sums based on a knowledge of market rates. Ongoing management of project budgets.
- Compiling of project programmes, indicating the logical sequence, start date, duration and end date of all activities to be completed by the Professional Design Team, Consultants, Procurement Team, Contractors and Suppliers, in appropriate detail, for the monitoring of progress of the works.
- Ensuring that all of the relevant documentation in terms of insurances, BEE certifications, OHS files and all relevant signed agreements, are returned by the trade contractors, checked, and placed on file.
- Facilitating the appointment of trade contractors and suppliers, including an understanding of various forms of construction contract documentation.
- Managing and coordination of Health and Safety requirements as well as any site specific regulations as may be required by the landlord or Body Corporate.
- Management of the site establishment
- A full working understanding of each design drawing package and specification, with sufficient knowledge to assist all trade contractors with setting out and site queries.
- Regular contact with and management of all trade contractors and suppliers on site, ensuring that all parties meet their quality management obligations, that the programme is adhered to and that they are complying with their OHS requirements / landlord regulations.
- Chairing and minuting of regular site meetings.
- Ongoing project cost management including an understanding of the standard site instructions / variations / claims processes. Evaluation of all trade contractor and supplier claims against the approved budget and progress on site.
- Snagging, de-snagging & project close-off, including the preparation and issuing of all relevant certificates.
In addition to project tasks, we also have internal processes where a Project Manager would add value:
- Assisting the designers with council submissions, namely the signing of drawings and forms as well as regular follow ups to maintain momentum of the submission.
- Arranging samples and mock-ups.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover note highlighting why you think your application is aligned to the requirements of the position.
- Conduit Interior is hiring! Conduit interior is on the lookout for an interior fit-out project manager to run with all aspects involved in the realisation of our designs from paper to the final built product.
30 January, 2020
- Conduit Interior’s Korbicom project featured by Wired Magazine as one of their “50 Spectacular Offices Where Everyone Would Like to Work”
21 January, 2020
- Grant Johnson named by FastCompany as one of the 30 Most Creative People in Business
22 June, 2017
- Conduit Interior’s Bronwen Smith joins the ranks of the Green Building Council’s Accredited Professionals
16 May, 2017
- Conduit Interior on the front cover of the Sunday Times Careers pages
23 April, 2017
- Why office space can be a strategic asset
22 March, 2017
- Property24’s Interior Featured in Architect & Builder magazine
16 February, 2017
- Office Lovin!
17 June, 2016
Get In Touch
Visit our studio at: Unit AA; 409 Albert Road; Woodstock; Cape Town; 7915; South AfricaIID - The South African Institute of the Interior Design Professions